Roulette Websites – Online Discoveries of The Top Sinning Ball RNG and Live Games
Discovering the perfect roulette online casino for your gameplay and most importantly, bankroll budget can be quite a formidable task. But why waste all that time snooping about roulette sites when you could simply read through this low-down of the best online and live roulette casinos as well the games and bonuses you can enjoy at each of them?
Top Online Roulette Sites for 2023
- Roulette Tables: 15
- RTP: 96.60%
- Providers: Section8 StudioEvolution GamingPlaytech
- Roulette Games: American Roulette, 888 Live Roulette, Age of Gods Roulette Super Stakes Roulette, French Roulette
- Live dealer: 24 rooms + 1 VIP
- Fast registration process
- Great welcome bonus
- Limited time offer
- Roulette Tables: 4
- RTP: 94.30%
- Roulette Games: European Roulette Classic, American Roulette Classic, Roulette European, Roulette American
- Live dealer: 30 rooms
- Excellent welcome bonus for newcomers.
- No mobile applications.
- Roulette Tables: 6
- RTP: 96.40%
- Providers: Evolution GamingSection8 Studio
- Roulette Games: American Roulette, Super Stakes Roulette, Lightning Roulette
- Live dealer: 24 rooms + 1 VIP
- Fast registration process
- Great welcome bonus
- Limited time offer
- Roulette Tables: 12
- RTP: 97%
- Providers: Switch StudiosReal Dealer Studios
- Roulette Games: Real Roulette, Multifire Roulette, Multifire Auto Roulette
- Live dealer: 24 rooms
- Wide range of casino games
- Periodically changing promos
- Bonuses retracted for irregular play
Best Online Roulette Websites On The Internet
As we had said earlier, online roulette sites are springing up like mushrooms. And that is why our casino professionals have reviewed and handpicked the cream of the crop based on a list of stringent requirements.
Some of these include the variety, quality, and fairness of roulette games, the presence (or absence) of a welcome bonus, additional promotions, variety of roulette games, possession of an internationally regulated license, external auditing, and a few other important judging factors.
So, let’s get down to business shall we?
History & Gameplay
Many would be familiar with the sight of the roulette table – with its majestic wheel, complete with little pockets and the star of the show, a polished white ball. This game is loved by many, mostly due to its quick gameplay and simple bets.
But did you know that the game itself was first played back in 18th century France? It is said that scientist and scholar Blaise Pascal accidentally discovered the wheel mechanism in his quest to create a perpetual motion device. The game was then created by combining this with a classic Italian game called Biribi. It quickly spread across the globe, and in the process, created all the versions that we know and love today.
The layout of the table is simple – it consists of green felt table with a specific set of marked boxes, a roulette wheel mechanism, and a small, usually white, ball that serves as a marker. The marked boxes are where players place their bets, and these markings can differ from version to version.
If you’re new to online roulette and want to know how to play the game, here’s how the betting goes down:
- Look for a suitable roulette table with bet limits that match your bankroll.
- Join a game and place your bets with the dealer. Usually, you place your bets by leaving chips in marked boxes that match your bets – either inside, outside, or called bets.
- The dealer will then spin the roulette wheel and drop the marker ball onto the wheel. The wheel eventually stops and the marker ball drops into a single wheel pocket.
- Based on the color and value of the pocket, winning bets will be paid out. All others will be collected by the house.
Roulette Variations At Online Roulette Websites
As we’d mentioned earlier, roulette traveled around the world after its inception in France, birthing a myriad of variations. The most popular ones to pop up at online roulette sites are American and European Roulette (sometimes known as French Roulette). And with the rise of a community that prefers to play roulette online, more variations emerged – like the Pinball Roulette, Lightning Roulette, Sands Roulette, and more. Let’s take a stroll through the types of roulette we see at top online roulette websites, as well as their rules.
This variation is the most popular among those who diligently visit online roulette websites. And this is attributed to its comparatively lower house edge, at an average of 2.70%. This is caused by the design of the table and wheel.
Although similar to the American Roulette layout, the number of pockets on the wheel differs. Rather than the 38 pockets available on the American wheel, the European one only has 37. The wheel carries a single 0 pocket, and this drops the house edge of the game by almost 50% of the American version. This brings the payout average to 97.30%.
The French Roulette variant is said to be the one that is the closest in gameplay to the precursor of modern roulette. Its general odds are the same as that of European Roulette. However, there are special bets that can be made, which also help reduce the house edge, making it more profitable.
Even when playing roulette online, you will find options to opt for its two main special bets – the La Partage and En Prison. The La Partage rule, which is a bit of an insurance bet, will be paid out 50% on any even-money bet, even if you lose. As for the En Prison bet, your bet will remain on the table in the event of a loss and be paid out if you emerge the winner of the following spin.
These two rules can bring down the house edge to a mere 1.35%, making it a preferred option among many online roulette players.
American Roulette is one of the staples, even at the best online roulette casinos. This version has 38 wheel pockets, opposed to the classic 37. Instead of a single 0 pocket, it has two – a 0 and a 00. The presence of this additional green pocket raises the house edge to about 5.26%. And this, in turn, brings the payout rate to only 94.74%.
The marked difference in bets here is that this version is the only one where Basket bets are accepted. Basket bets are bets that are placed on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. However, seeing as the house edge of this bet is a staggering 7.89%, not many opt for this one unless they’re feeling a bit adventurous.
There is also the Courtesy Line bet in this version. Some players may be located at the opposite end of the table, making betting on 0 and 00 difficult. The Courtesy Line helps them achieve the same bet by simply placing their chips on the line between the “2nd 12” and “3rd 12” bets.
Live Roulette At Online Casinos
Live roulette games are increasing in popularity due to their ability to provide a more realistic casino gaming option without players having to leave their homes. Some of the common live options you may have heard of include Lightning Roulette, Classic American Roulette, and Real Roulette.
Some of the best in live roulette casino games are developers like Ezugi and Evolution Gaming. However, a number of our choice roulette sites also have their own software development houses, for example, Section8 Studio under 888casino.
The variations of live roulette are, frankly, endless. Although you will see a lot of the European, French, and American variants, you will also see Speed, Multi-ball, and Multi-wheel, as well as Pinball.
The great thing about live versions of roulette is that you will be able to place bets in a more realistic environment, aside from having more variety of games to choose from. However, since dealers, albeit professional, are also human, there is a chance for human error, which is non-existent in RNG versions.
- Many game choices
- Realistic gaming atmosphere
- Interactive betting options
- Less time to place a bet
- Possibility of human error
- Higher minimum bets
Top Software Providers At Roulette Sites
Visiting the best online or live roulette casinos also means a variety of games from an endless list of great software providers. Both RNG and live roulette games are developed by separate gaming houses, seeing as they each have their strengths and weaknesses. If you’re curious about who has the better offering of games at top online roulette websites, then check out this quick list:
- Section8 Studio – Section8 Studio is the proprietary game developer for the 888casino brand. Although it doesn’t have as many games under its belt (unlike giants like Playtech, NetEnt, iSoftBet, and more), roulette games designed by these guys have stellar audiovisual effects aside from great UI implementation to facilitate the betting process. Titles to note include.
- Evolution Gaming – This casino software mammoth is often touted as the best player in the live casino scene. Its First Person RNG game range, built with extensive 3D elements for a realistic gaming experience, also includes a roulette option. What’s great is that this RNG option also links directly to the rest of Evolution’s live titles, like Lightning Roulette, French Roulette, and Immersive Roulette.
- Switch Studio – A partner of Microgaming, Switch Studio is single-handedly responsible for a number of Microgaming’s roulette options, both RNG and live. With realistic, immersive 3D construction, players are treated to an authentic casino experience.
|Roulette Games||Live Roulette Games|
|American Roulette, Super Stakes Roulette, French Roulette||888 Live Roulette|
|First Person Roulette||Lightning Roulette, French Roulette, and Immersive Roulette|
|American Roulette||3D Roulette|
Real Dealer Studios
|–||Real Roulette Series, Real Spooky Roulette|
Mobile-Available Best Roulette Sites
Mobile casino gaming is steadily catching the attention of the community. Roulette games, both RNG and live, can now be played via casino applications or mobile versions of gambling sites. The latter is essentially a compact-sized, optimized version of the desktop version. Features are touch and gesture-friendly, making it easier to maneuver through the website and place bets. Simply access the site via a mobile browser and you can begin punting with your existing login credentials.
As for mobile casino apps, these are developed solely for use on smartphones and other mobile devices like tablets and gaming consoles. These apps are available for download via the casino website or from app procuring services, like the Apple App Store. Most are compatible with common operating systems like iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile. Sites like Betway, 888casino, and 777 Casino have proprietary casino apps that you can download and bet with instantly.
Top Roulette Tips For Noobs
Of course, we’re not about to leave you hanging without some tips and tricks from certified professionals. Here are some useful roulette tips that you should be using in your gameplay:
- RTP – Always opt for a roulette game with a high RTP. The higher the RTP, the better your payout.
- Selecting A Variant – When choosing a roulette variant, check the house edge and RTP. Pick the best combination, which maximizes your payout.
- Make Use Of Even Money Bets – Even money bets are always a 50:50 chance. This means that you stand to win almost 50% of the time.
- Look For Side Bets – Side bets like insurance, la partage, and en prison increase your chances of winning and at the same time, lower the risk of your rounds.
- Use A Strategy – There are a variety of tried and tested strategies at your disposal – like the D’Alembert, Fibonacci, and the Martingale variants. Choose one that fits your bankroll and style.
More on the strategies next!
Best Roulette Online Strategies From The Playbook
As promised, here are a quick lowdown on some of the most commonly used strategies in roulette:
- D’Alembert – The D’Alembert option is commonly used since it has a lower risk rate compared to other major roulette strategies. It focuses on even money bets. As a rule, a win is accompanied by a reduced wager, while losses call for a single unit increase in the next round.
- Fibonacci – The Fibonacci strategy is considered the safest roulette strategy. Again designed for the even money bets, this strategy uses the Fibonacci sequence or corresponding multiples to determine your wager value after each win – the next number you get is a sum of the previous two. Upon a loss, you start over from the first number in the sequence, 1.
- Martingale – This strategy invests in the possibility of a win in advance. For every loss, you double your bet until you achieve a win. Ideally, this win should at least allow a break-even, or in better circumstances – a small profit.
- Reverse Martingale – The Reverse Martingale is the strategy of doubling a wager after a win. The idea here is to catch on to a winning streak and minimize possible losses by reducing the wager.
- All-In – This is more of a play of chance than a strategy. Essentially you bet your entire bankroll for the round on a single number or even money bet and wait for a win to happen. This strategy requires a huge bankroll and isn’t as reliable as the others.
Yes, roulette games, both RNG and live, can be bet on with cash or cryptocurrency.What Is the Best Bet in Roulette?
The ones with the highest chance of a win are even money bets. These are bets like red/black, odd/even, and hi/lo.Can I Play Online Roulette for Free?
Most casinos have demo versions of their RNG games where you can play for free.Is Live Roulette Better than the RNG One?
Live roulette is a more realistic and complete experience of a casino betting compared to RNG roulette games. Games are streamed in full HD and mediated by actual casino dealers.Are Online Roulette Games Fair?
Online roulette games are usually monitored and audited periodically to ensure that their spins and outcomes are completely random. Licensed casinos are required to do this, so be sure to play at certified and regulated casinos.
Other Recommended Casino Sites
120% up to $500
|Licensed by: eCOGRA||Read Review|
100% up to $200
|Licensed by: eCOGRA||Read Review|
100% up to $600
|Licensed by: iTechLabs||Read Review|